If you have recently been hurt on the job, you may be left wondering what steps you should take next. You may have heard of the phrase ‘workers’ comp’ in the past, but are not sure if it’s a form of assistance that you would be entitled to. So, to gain a better understanding of Workers’ Compensation or what is sometimes referred to as “Workman’s Comp,” you should first become familiar with the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.
The two most important details to understand from the PA Workers’ Comp Act are:
- Compared to other states, Pennsylvania has one of the fairest workers’ compensation systems, so the law is on your side in this matter. And, under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, you may be entitled to lost wage benefits and medical benefits for your work injury.
- If your injury is determined to be work-related, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance should be responsible for the payment of any reasonable, necessary, and culpable-related medical expenses associated with the work injury.
While the world of Pennsylvania workers’ compensation may still seem a bit overwhelming, our knowledgeable lawyers at the Philadelphia-based law firm of Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo are here to help. Since 1936, our workers’ comp attorneys have been dedicated to helping Pennsylvania’s workers. Our longevity can be associated with our firm’s willingness to aggressively pursue the needs of our clients and obtaining the settlement that they deserved. Our lawyers pride themselves on never losing sight of what’s most important – the client’s individual needs.
How We Help Injured Workers
At Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo, we have a proven process to help obtain the maximum compensation that you deserve. When first meeting with a client, our attorneys start out by thoroughly explaining everything you need to know about workers’ compensation in the state of Pennsylvania, and how the law pertains to your specific work injury case. We know that legality matters can sometimes be difficult to understand, so we want to make the process as stress-free as possible.
No matter how you were hurt at work, we are here to guide you in the workers’ compensation process. In fact, we’ve won cases involving many types of injuries, including:
- Construction accident injuries
- Industrial work injuries
- Car accidents while on the job
- Representation of healthcare workers
- Office worker injuries
- Injuries to carpenters, cable installers, electricians, and firefighters
- Union and teamster representation
- Representation for workers in almost every type of industry
Our goal is not to just build an attorney-client relationship, but a strong person-person relationship, as well. We want you to feel assured and know that we care about you and your case, and will do everything in our power to get what is owed to you. Suffering from an injury in the workplace is never a simple journey, but you don’t have to face it alone. With our experienced work injury lawyers, you can be sure that your case is in the best hands.
Start Your Initial Consultation, Get Your Compensation
Ready to get started with your workers’ compensation claim? Let us help you. At Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo, we want to hear about your case and provide you with all the information that you need in order to move forward. All workers’ compensation cases are handled on a contingency basis; meaning we do not get paid unless we get your benefits started, we prevent the insurance company from stopping or altering your benefits, or you choose to settle your case. We have numerous convenient office locations all throughout the Pennsylvania area in order to better assist you. Email us or call us toll-free today at (877) 299-0779 to speak with a trusted workers’ compensation attorney and get started with your free initial consultation.